Premium members do not see any ads! Click here to learn more.

MJG

Apyrorush

Anyone ever run into having 5 MJG firewire Initiators not fire? I only was using 12 of them. I ran continuity on them before wiring them up and they all showed.
Worst part was all 5 were fireballs. I had a mod I wasn't using so after show I took it into field (all fresh batteries) Tried continuity made sure channel was right and no go.
Wasn't happy dumping 2 gallons gas on ground.

I have never used firewire initiators. I'm thinking the issue may have been water intrusion into whatever you used for the lift charge.

I thought water could have been a culprit but I've always used plastic bottles with heavy on the marine adhesive. I carefully removed all BP from the bottles and every grain of BP was dry.

I’ve seen them fail but that’s because of the small and very short duration spark that these give but it’s rare. Did the other igniters that you used excluding the fireballs work?

Yes I only had 18 igniters for my show. The other 7 MJG's worked and the orange igniters worked. 2 MJG's and 2 orange were used for fireballs also and no issues. I'll never use MJG for fireballs again.

Two big questions, how were they wired up and were they all from the same identical batch. I've had issues before when wiring mulitple items off one cue where different batches of igniters will cause only some to ignite. When you disassembled them had the MJG's gone off?

I only bought 2 boxes. One box was left so I'm assuming from same batch. I didn't do series just straight in to the mod. After disassembly they had not gone off.

Back