Premium members do not see any ads! Click here to learn more.

(fireworks rant) Why don’t all states have shoot sites?

phil

I live in Long Island where it’s a $500 fine just to light a sparkler so I’m forced every year to light my fireworks out of state. It’s ridiculous really and I’m hoping that we can at least enjoy safe and sane at some point. That being said, why don’t all states open shoot sites for fireworks the way Nevada and some other areas do? This way everyone can buy their fireworks and shoot them off in a controlled environment. The state would make money and collect from all the sales tax and we’d get our pyro fix without breaking the law. I see CT is possibly changing their laws soon to allow aerial devices! That would be amazing but people like me who live in Long Island who want to light a sparkler without fear can’t even do that smh 🤦‍♂️.

Last edited:
Suffolk and Nassau county didn't opt in :(. Same here man, been super busy with work but my love of pyrotechnics hasn't diminished one bit. Really would like to get some fireworks legal here in Long Island but I feel powerless doing it solo.

It comes down to liability, when a city desinates a site, if something happens, a lawyer is just waiting to sue the people that authorized it, they go after the biggest pockets

Back