Premium members do not see any ads! Click here to learn more.

DMX Flame Machine HELP!

PyroTrucker

Asking for help with DMX and Flame Machines....
I am using 5 Spray the Fire DMX machines. They are controlled with COBRA and scripted in Finale 3D. I have good DMX cables connecting them in the proper order from 1-5.
The first 4 are working fine and timing perfect with the script. The last machine does not even "click" like it is trying to work when I run the script. I have tried changing the channels, put a DMX terminator plug (and tried it without). The machine runs just fine out of DMX mode and fires flawlessly. I have moved the order of the flame machines, changed pin's, even rescripted to have different channels to see if that was the issue. I had an extra machine that I swapped out even! NONE of these or the original suggestions from other groups/facebook fixed my problem. I tried EVERYTHING I can think of. That last position just won't fire.
So, ANY more options or should I just rescript the show to only have 4 machines?
Show is Friday and I have limited time between now and then to mess with this.
Thanks!

16 Comments

Comment

Send

I have a few thoughts...

1) How are they powered?
2) Do ANY of them fire in spot 5?
3) Does the mentioned one fire at all when in DMX mode?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I have a few thoughts...

1) How are they powered?
2) Do ANY of them fire in spot 5?
3) Does the mentioned one fire at all when in DMX mode?

They are electric powered. NONE of them fire in position 5.
They all fire in DMX mode if moved to a different position.

They are electric powered. NONE of them fire in position 5.
They all fire in DMX mode if moved to a different position.
I have to wonder if that 5th station is getting enough power... does it click when fired?

Are you using DMX specific cables going from machine to machine?

I know it is hard to diagnose over a forum...

I have to wonder if that 5th station is getting enough power... does it click when fired?

Are you using DMX specific cables going from machine to machine?

I know it is hard to diagnose over a forum...

I ended up getting the fix from the wonderful Cobra tech support. They recommended I change the Dip Switch setting to have 1 and 4 on, and that worked. great for the show. I really need to learn more about these things so I can do more!

I ended up getting the fix from the wonderful Cobra tech support. They recommended I change the Dip Switch setting to have 1 and 4 on, and that worked. great for the show. I really need to learn more about these things so I can do more!
Did you have the wrong dip switch settings for the script or is it defective?

I needed to have the dip switches changed on the one that wasn't firing. Apparently there is some formula for it, and I know so little about these things that I still don't understand it. I just did what Cobra told me and it worked! HAHAHA I guess I need an education before next year.

Back