Premium members do not see any ads! Click here to learn more.

2020 Unofficial Sky Wars Thread

We are not doing a mass launch this year. For the past several years, we have had to buy most of the product...seems like the interest has died off as donations were minimal. We are having to watch the dollars and cents this year thanks to CLC and our mounting legal bill.

What's on your mind, Pammie?

Room

Photo/Video

Tag People

From Notifications

=AZVxfQFRWKfRVWn4V5ml_uVJDPQom12rqxoIvGdZqo_bNehfp31kCsJ-ys19jkN3KK9_4gbP5fts5PM8NgDTnQr8MquG6YVs3ok5e7ZwG-P4rk4K8ctCmVVzWGKY2NzfCcX4qLSu6z1tLnPnr3zIR3uCUNuVwOCsK6-RNf8o9T3QTZDChQqjGKlDvvkthD5wCdE&__tn__=%3C%3C%2CP-R']

Pammie J Lott

5h ·

Learned yesterday my dear friend David Barrett passed away . Met David (Rattler Fireworks ) on the forums wayyyyyyyy back . He was my 1st pyro friend . He took me under his wing , brought me to my first demos winco & wild dragon and introduced me to my 1st pyro event - Pyromania when it was at the horse ranch . He opened doors to wholesale and group buys when I was a wide eyed noobie . He had a heart and grin as big as his home state Texas.. His wife Leslie - one of the strongest women I've ever known welcomed our friendship and shenanagans . Best I remember our last event together was at a rented air strip event in the corn fields of Indiana with the ''builders'' . We grilled steaks and sipped a chocolate and banana liquor and giggled like kids from our lawn chairs watching the displays that chilly rainy weekend . I clicked with Leslie as easily as David . It has always amazed me the pyro bonds with peeps you meet online and maybe see once between years but connect like long lost friends whenever paths cross . or the 1st time yuh actually meet . Beyond our love for pyro - I've never met a more genuine ,friendly, generous, amazing and diverse buncha peeps as pyros .
I 've kept in touch with Leslie through the years as David's health declined and trips were cancelled cuz it wasn't safe to venture far from home .. No woman ever loved or took better care of her man.. I've been to events many times that memorial shells were shot in tribute to pyros who passed from this world . If anyone knows who /how to arrange that for David @ skywars . Please gimme a holla (fb pm ). Otherwise prayers for Leslie and the kids this week as they struggle through the pain of his loss. Rest in peace my friend -

Silly me , posted that on facebook instead of here this morning . Cried writing it and again later talkin to Leslie . Anyways pretty sure mopyro would not have a problem shooting off a shell in honor of David if I or we handled the details and just presented their magazine at skywars with the shell. I don't have a license or clue of who to contact to order and pay for a shell that could be delivered. Or who could . I messaged Rob on fb and haha pretty sure he is slammed with too much this week and next to be on fb . If anybody can help me make this happen - THIS is where i need to ask right ? David LOVED pyromania and like i said talked me into flying to missouri to see what he was so excited about . He would sooooooo love a shell @ his fav event rather than me sending some stupid flowers . His wife and kids I'm sure would appreciate knowing we remembered him with this honor . Sooooooooo throwing it out there ??

We are not doing a mass launch this year. For the past several years, we have had to buy most of the product...seems like the interest has died off as donations were minimal. We are having to watch the dollars and cents this year thanks to CLC and our mounting legal bill.
Ok fair enough.
What about Mass bacon?

no mass launch (but didn't see that fashion already replied to that one).

Still looking for a blind pyro team though... any takers?

FINAL REMINDER---PRE-REGISTRATION CLOSES TOMORROW NIGHT

It makes it so much easier to have everyone pre-registered---

Pre-registration closes tomorrow night here: Sky Wars 2020 - Events - Missouri Pyrotechnics Association

You can register on-site until 2:00PM Saturday, but cost goes up to $35.

Also, I don't Facebook, so if anyone would like to post this on the Pyro U Facebook, or any other sites, please do.

Last edited:
Wondering if the Tshirts mailed out yet ..............DUMB DECISION shoulda op'd for event pick up ! IS IT TOO LATE ?

We are not having food on Thursday night as we have in the past...it has been a real challenge to get anything food related this year to say the least.

We are encouraging everyone to bring something to share and BYOB. Bit of a throwback to the first year at Brookdale if anyone remembers that night in the pavilion.

I threw out the idea of putting out a donation bucket and whatever is collected by 7:30, we order pizzas and have them delivered. Not sure if that might happen. I work til 8 on Thursday and it's an hour drive out there, so if I can't get away earlier, I won't get there until 9ish. And no, I don't want to pick up the pizzas on the way in :)

Who were the shooters for ProAm 1, 2, 3
They were all amazing high quality shows! Wish I could have been there.
And the winner was........................

Sky Wars 2020 - Thank you from all of us at MOpyro

Sky Wars 2020 is in the history books.

Including pyros and their families, we had 650 on site, and 8000 tickets sold - to fans across 31 states!!

If this isn’t the best show we’ve put up, it's certainly top 2 in my opinion.

Scott Smith, Jim Priebe and Ellery Ho - you guys all rocked it. Great competition, and you certainly did not make it easy on the judges. Thank you. Congratulations to Scott and his “Not My Show” crew on their win.

Bo Domescik - 2000 cues in 4 minutes. Ridiculous. What else is there to say? (that Alexa didn’t already cover, lol) Can’t wait to see what else you’ll do in the future.

Bill Corbett and Scott Key - your best super nuke yet. Simply beautiful with the cakes, and the photo op of the event. Thanks for being a part of it for so many years.

Tim Traphagan, Dan Haines, Andy Nguyen and Tim Jameson. All beautiful shows. Dan and Andy, thanks for providing the G-Flame intermission entertainment. Ttrap, thanks for bringing the mortars and match that everyone needed. And Coachtimmy, you and your crew amaze me. The sheer quantity of stuff you setup and put away is mind boggling. If there’s a more hardworking and “get shit done” pyro crew in America I’d like to know who it is. Tim and his crew were still there at 5am tearing down.

Thanks to Zane Northrip and Aaron Leal for putting up the national anthem and 21 gun salute. Finally, thanks to Todd Winder and his crew for managing the exhibition shells. Sorry I gave you guys the list in the wrong order!

We have a great new venue that will only get better, and a good partner with Innsbrook. Their team knocked it out of the park, especially considering it was their first time.

It's an honor to be able to do this with all of you.

Hope to see you all at Sky Wars 2021!

Back